Welcome, February! We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities:
ASF Security Report 2019 – the state of security across all Apache projects with key metrics, specific vulnerabilities, and the most common ways users of ASF projects were affected by security issues https://s.apache.org/tbyxg
Success at Apache – the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
– "Success at Apache: Literally" by Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/xjcrj
Apache Month In Review: January 2020 – a new monthly overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/1bbb1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 February 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFP Open: ApacheCon North America – 28 September – 2 October – tracks include Big Data, Cloud, Community, Content Delivery, FinTech, Geospatial, Graphing, IoT, Observability, Search, Servers, and more. https://www.apachecon.com/
– Registration Open: Apache Roadshow/DC – 25 March – topics include Apache projects in CARE initiatives, cybersecurity, start-ups, and more. https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.89%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 879 Apache contributors changed 2,008,768 lines of code over 3,559 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Flink 1.9.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache Beam 2.19.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi 1.11.1 released https://nifi.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.20 and 1.8.20 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP —
– Apache OFBiz 16.11.07 released https://ofbiz.apache.org
– Apache Velocity Engine 2.2 released https://velocity.apache.org/
– Apache DeltaSpike 1.9.3 released https://deltaspike.apache.org/
Network Client —
– Apache Guacamole 1.1.0 released https://guacamole.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating their anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache HTTP Server (25 years!); Gump and Portals (16 years); Directory, MyFaces, and Xerces (15 years); Tapestry (14 years); Roller (13 years); Cassandra and Subversion (10 years); Chemistry (9 years); BVal and OpenNLP (8 years); Clerezza and Crunch (7 years); Knox, Open Climate Workbench, and Spark (6 years); DataFu (2 years); and Unomi (1 year). https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that, over past year, the ASF processed 759 Individual Contributor License Agreements, 34 Corporate Contributor License Agreements, and 40 Software Grants? https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– Did you know that Apache Airflow is having its first MeetUp in Bangalore? http://airflow.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.