Farewell, January –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community’s activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 February 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFPs OPEN: Apache Roadshow/DC and ApacheCon North America https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 746 Apache contributors changed 1,854,769 lines of code over 3,280 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Dan Haywood, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Jean-Baptiste Onofré and Jarek Potiuk.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Druid 0.17.0 released http://druid.apache.org/
– Apache Beam 2.18.0 released http://beam.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi 1.11.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Libcloud 3.0.0-rc1 released https://libcloud.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.10.8 and 1.24.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.14 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org/
– Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.4 released http://spamassassin.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 beta7 (GA candidate) released https://hc.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Flink supports schema migration on its state so that application changes can be made without having to start from square one? https://flink.apache.org/
– Did you know that tracks for ApacheCon North America include Big Data integration/Gobblin (incubating), Apache Camel/Integration, Cassandra, CloudStack, Community, Content Delivery, Fineract, Flagon (incubating), Geospatial, Graph, Groovy, HTTP Server/Web, Ignite, Internet of Things, Karaf, Observability, Solr/Lucene/Search, and Tomcat? https://s.apache.org/cfp2020
– Did you know that Amazon, DataStax, IBM, Microsoft, Neo4j, and many others use Apache Tinkerpop? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/providers.html
Apache Community Notices:
– "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.