Greetings everyone –it’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
Watch the first teaser for "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on The Apache Software Foundation, which resumed filming during ApacheCon 2019 https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 February 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– CFP OPEN: Apache Roadshow/DC https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/index.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.83%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 903 Apache contributors changed 2,766,467 lines of code over 3,961 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Dan Haywood, Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Andi Huber, and Daniel Sun.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache ODE retired https://attic.apache.org/
Big Data —
– Apache Parquet Format 2.8.0 released https://parquet.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.9.1 released http://iotdb.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.7 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 3.0.0-rc-3 released https://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Lucene 8.4.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.13 released https://hc.apache.org/
Web Framework —
– Apache Wicket 9.0.0-M4 released https://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that new podlings undergoing development in the Apache Incubator include projects in microservices, embedded operating systems, IoT data streams, messaging queues, transactional frameworks, and batch implementations? http://incubator.apache.org/
– Did you know that, in 2019, more than 75% of contributors were new to Apache? https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– Did you know that 2019’s Top 5 Apache Project repositories by size (Lines of Code) were: NetBeans (8,354,466); OpenOffice (7,828,646); Flex (whiteboard: 5,233,277); Mynewt (core: 4,108.323); Flex (SDK: 3,933,522)? https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.