Happy Friday, everyone –let’s review what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Apache in 2019 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 January 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– CFP OPEN: Apache Roadshow/DC https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/index.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 886 Apache contributors changed 1,134,112 lines of code over 3,651 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Michał Narajowski, Dan Haywood, Andrea Cosentino, and Andi Huber.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.20.0 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Commons Codec 1.14 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/
Machine Learning —
– Apache OpenNLP 1.9.2 released https://opennlp.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0 beta11 (GA candidate) released https://hc.apache.org
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Wicket 7.16.0 and 8.7.0 released https://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that 200M+ lines of Apache code are stewarded by
the ASF’s all-volunteer community, comprising 765 individual Members,
206 Apache Project Management Committees (PMCs), and more than 7,200
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache Cocoon, James, and Web Services (17 years); Lucene (15 years); ActiveMQ (13 years); Hadoop (12 years); River (9 years); Empire-db and Gora (7 years); OpenMeetings (7 years); Samza (5 years); Arrow (4 years); Ranger (3 years). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that new entries in the Apache Incubator include projects in IIoT data analytics; real-time embedded operating systems; and distributed messaging queues? http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.