Here we are –the last Friday of the year– we wish everyone happy holidays and a great finish to 2019. Thank you for your dedicated readership: below is our final weekly round-up; we’ll be back in your inbox in 2020:
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software for the public good –at 100% no cost.
– In the final days of the calendar year, we ask that you consider a tax-deductible, charitable gift to the ASF. https://s.apache.org/fxyz1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 January 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – newly-formed committee supports initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the greater Apache community.
– FINAL CALL: respond to the 2020 ASF Community Survey before 4 January. Thanks in advance! https://s.apache.org/pzol5
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– CFP and Registration OPEN for Apache Roadshow/DC https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/index.html
– Apache Events for 2020 and 2019’s presentations are available at https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 598 Apache contributors changed 7,672,323 lines of code over
2,519 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Andrew
Wetmore, Tomaz Muraus, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, and Shad Storhaug.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kylin 3.0.0 released http://kylin.apache.org
Machine Learning —
– Apache Hivemall (Incubating) 0.6.0 released http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache CloudStack has been named Best Cloud Management Software/IaaS Platform by TechRadar? https://techradar.com/in/best/best-cloud-management-software
– Did you know that regular users of Apache Maven can contribute back to the project from the "up for grabs" list? https://s.apache.org/up-for-grabs_maven
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.