We’re down to the final weeks of the year, and the Apache community continues to march forward. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software for the public good –at 100% no cost.
– Companies such as Bloomberg Philanthropies, IBM, Microsoft, and Wells Fargo’s matching gift programs offer tax benefits, and provide their employees the ability to boost their support of a diverse set of nonprofit organizations. Thank you for your tax-deductible, year-end charitable gift to the ASF https://s.apache.org/fxyz1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Next Board Meeting: 15 January 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – newly-formed committee supports initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the greater Apache community.
– The 2020 ASF Community Survey closes on 4 January: we’d love your insight! https://s.apache.org/pzol5
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– CFP and Registration OPEN for Apache Roadshow/DC https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/index.html
– ApacheCon 2019’s interviews, presentations, and photos are available at https://www.apachecon.com/history.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 919 Apache contributors changed 1,473,033 lines of code over 4,069 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tilman Hausherr, Tellier Benoit, Andrea Cosentino, Bruce Schuchardt, and Andi Huber.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kafka 2.4.0 released http://kafka.apache.org/
– Apache PDFBox JBIG2 ImageIO 3.0.3 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Identity Management —
– Apache Fortress 2.0.4 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/
– Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.8.2 released http://iotdb.apache.org/
– Apache Log4j 2.13.0 released http://logging.apache.org/
– Apache DeltaSpike 1.9.2 released http://deltaspike.apache.org/
Machine Learning —
– Apache Hivemall (Incubating) 0.6.0 released http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Proton 0.30.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.99 and 8.5.50 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Web Conferencing —
– Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.10 and 5.0.0-M3 released http://openmeetings.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache SkyWalking is used at enterprises, universities and research centers such as Alibaba Cloud, China Mobile, DiDi, InBev, Lenovo, Peking University, and WeBank? http://skywalking.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache IoTDB (incubating) received a "Most Popular Open Source Project From China in 2019" award? http://iotdb.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Apache Syncope admin console is now available in French Canadian? http://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August – October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.