Happy Friday, everyone. We’ve had a productive week –let’s review:
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software –at 100% no cost– for the public good.
– As a US 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable organization, we do not pay for code development or contributions by our Board of Directors, Executive Officers, 765 Individual ASF Members, 205 Apache Project Management Committees, 7,500+ Committers and countless contributors. Less than 10% of the funds we raise is spent on overhead. Thank you for your individual or corporate tax-deductible, year-end charitable gift to the ASF https://s.apache.org/fxyz1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 December 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – newly-formed committee supports initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the greater Apache community.
– Have you taken the 2020 ASF Community Survey yet? https://s.apache.org/pzol5
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– CFP and Registration OPEN for Apache Roadshow/DC https://www.apachecon.com/usroadshowdc20/index.html
– ApacheCon 2019’s interviews, presentations, and photos are available at https://www.apachecon.com/history.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.86%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 389 Apache contributors changed 726,972 lines of code over 2,315 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Claus Ibsen, Alex Herbert, Jarek Potiuk, Tilman Hausherr, and Rene Cordier.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Libcloud 2.7.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/
– Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.3 released https://spamassassin.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.6, Qpid Proton-J 0.33.3, and Qpid JMS 0.48.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Programming Language —
– Apache Groovy 3.0.0-rc-2 released http://groovy.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 9.0.30 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache Portable Runtime (APR; 19 years); Logging Services (16 years); Cayenne and OFBiz (13 years); Synapse (12 years); Camel (11 years); Axis, OpenWebBeans, and Pivot (10 years); Aries (9 years); Flex (7 years); Helix (6 years); Flink (5 years); Beam and Eagle (3 years); Trafodion (2 years); Airflow (1 year) –many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/
– Did you know that the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT) is powered by Apache HTTP Server, Apache Lucene, and Apache Tomcat? https://aceu19.apachecon.com/session/open-source-software-european-commissions-informatics-directorate
– Did you know that Kirjastot Bibliotek Library uses Apache Wicket? https://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.