Welcome December! –let’s take a look back at
what the collective Apache community has been working on over the past
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software –at 100% no cost– for the public good
– Make a tax-deductible, year-end charitable gift to the ASF https://s.apache.org/fxyz1
– Shop smarter on Amazon: start at https://smile.amazon.com/ , select the ASF as your charitable organization, and 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products will be donated to the ASF.
– The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes CloudBees as its Newest Targeted Sponsor at the Platinum Level https://s.apache.org/buq73
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 December 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – newly-formed committee supports initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the greater Apache community.
– Launch of the 2020 ASF Community Survey https://s.apache.org/pzol5
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– ApacheCon 2019’s interviews, presentations, and photos are available at https://www.apachecon.com/history.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 809 Apache contributors changed 2,355,719
lines of code
over 3,480 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Dan Haywood, Tilman Hausherr, Jimin Wu, Claus Ibsen, and Sebastian Bazley.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache HBase 1.4.12 released https://hbase.apache.org/
– Apache Kafka 2.2.2 released https://kafka.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.18 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
– Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.9.0 released http://iotdb.apache.org
– Apache Olingo 4.7.0 released https://olingo.apache.org/
Machine Learning —
– Apache TVM (Incubating) 0.6.0 released https://tvm.apache.org/
– Apache Solr 8.3.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Struts 2.5.22 released https://struts.apache.org/
– Apache MyFaces Core 2.3.6 released http://myfaces.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF does not pay for code development or contributions by its Board of Directors, Executive Officers, 765 Individual ASF Members, 205 Apache Project Management Committees, 7,500+ Committers, and countless contributors? 75% of the ASF’s budget supports critical Infrastructure services that 350+ projects and initiatives rely upon each day. We appreciate your generous contributions! https://donate.apache.org
– Did you know that, after 10 years in development, Apache Camel v3 is now available? https://camel.apache.org
– Did you know that the top 5 most active/visited Apache projects over the past year are: Hadoop, Kafka, Lucene, POI, ZooKeeper https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.