Farewell, November –we’re wrapping up the
month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
Support Apache – help the ASF continue to provide $20B+ worth of software –at 100% no cost– for the public good https://s.apache.org/fxyz1
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Objects to the For-Profit Sale of the .org Registry https://s.apache.org/zkthl
– Next Board Meeting: 18 December 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– ApacheCon 2019 events are complete: catch the latest interviews, presentations, and photos at https://www.apachecon.com/history.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.99%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 795 Apache contributors changed 1,761,871
lines of code
over 3,275 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean–Baptiste Onofré, Tilman Hausherr, Xiang Fu, Sebastian Bazley, and Raymond Augé.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Build Management —
– Apache Maven 3.6.3 released http://maven.apache.org
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.20.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
– Apache PLC4X 0.5.0 released http://plc4x.apache.org
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.49 and 9.0.29 released http://tomcat.apache.org
– Apache JMeter 5.2.1 released https://jmeter.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Kafka and Apache Spark rank the top 4 and 6 in-demand skill sets, according to the Indeed.com fastest-rising tech skills report? An increase of 1,216% for Kafka, and 1,068% for Spark over the past 5 years! https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
– Did you know that Apache Storm powers real-time streaming analytics for more than one trillion messages per day at Uber? http://storm.apache.org/
– Did you know that 205 Top-Level communities are overseeing 338 Apache projects and sub-projects? https://
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.