Greetings all. It’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: May – July 2019 https://s.apache.org/a6s40
– Next Board Meeting: 18 December 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– ApacheCon 2019 events are complete: catch the latest from Berlin — interviews on Feathercast https://feathercast.apache.org/
— session slide decks at https://aceu19.apachecon.com/sessions
— select plenaries, keynotes, and presentations on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation
— photos on ApacheCon https://photos.apachecon.com/ and Flickr https://www.flickr.com/groups/apachecon/pool/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.96%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 929 Apache contributors changed 2,581,566
lines of code
over 4,068 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Etienne Chauchot, Tellier Benoit, Dan Haywood, Tilman Hausherr, and Kostas Kloudas.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kudu 1.10.1 and 1.11.1 released https://kudu.apache.org/
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Libcloud 2.6.1 released https://libcloud.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Maven project oversees nearly 2,134,000 lines of code? http://maven.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache SkyWalking powers Mingsheng Bank’s FinTech
private cloud service provider’s application performance management
(APM) system? http://skywalking.apache.org/
– Did you know that ASF codebase is conservatively valued at least $20B, using the COCOMO 2 model? https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.