Happy Friday: it’s time to look back at our activities over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 November 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– ApacheCon 2019 events are complete: catch the latest from Berlin — interviews on Feathercast https://feathercast.apache.org/
— session slide decks at https://aceu19.apachecon.com/sessions
— select plenaries, keynotes, and presentations on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation
— photos on ApacheCon https://photos.apachecon.com/ and Flickr https://www.flickr.com/groups/apachecon/pool/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.88%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 830 Apache contributors changed 939,092
lines of code
over 3,390 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Daniel Sun, Eroma Abeysinghe, Andrew Palumbo, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache NetBeans 11.2 released http://netbeans.apache.org/
Machine Learning —
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® SINGA™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/j40py
– Apache Lucene Solr 8.3.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Core 5.0 beta10 (GA candidate) released http://hc.apache.org
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Ant (17 years); Labs (13 years); HttpComponents (12 years); Attic, Buildr, CouchDB, Qpid (11 years); Community Development (10 years); OODT and ZooKeeper (9 years); Kafka and Syncope (7 years); Ambari and Marmotta (6 years); BookKeeper, Drill, and MetaModel (5 years); Brooklyn, Groovy, Kylin, and REEF (4 years); Geode (3 years); Guacamole, Impala, and Mnemonic (2 years); Griffin (1 year) –many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that Apache CouchDB http://couchdb.apache.org/ powered a vaccination trial software that led to the first Ebola vaccine? Learn more at https://www.ibm.com/cloud/blog/new-builders/database-deep-dives-couchdb
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2019 will be held 13-14 November in Burlingame https://www.imcsummit.org/2019/us/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.