Welcome, November! We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 November 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– ApacheCon 2019 events are complete: catch the latest from Berlin
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.99%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 886 Apache contributors changed 3,674,625 lines of code
over 3,745 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Etienne Chauchot, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Till Rohrmann, Oleh Martushevskyi, and Eric Milles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Build Management —
– Apache Ivy 2.5.0 released https://ant.apache.org/ivy
– Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.8.1 released http://iotdb.apache.org
– Apache Groovy 3.0.0-rc-1 released http://groovy.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can stream analytics and scoring to deliver customizable insights based on billions of data points in real-time using Apache Flink, Cassandra, and Druid (incubating)? https://flink.apache.org/ https://cassandra.apache.org/ https://druid.apache.org/
– Did you know that the top 5 Apache repositories by lines of code are: NetBeans, OpenOffice, Flex (combined), Mynewt (combined), and Trafodion? https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2019 will be held 13-14 November in Burlingame https://www.imcsummit.org/2019/us/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.