Happy Friday! We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 November 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– ApacheCon Europe has wrapped: catch the latest from Berlin
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.38%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 857 Apache contributors changed 8,355,896 lines of code over 3,516 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Etienne Chauchot, Mark Robert Miller, Andrea Cosentino, Gary Gregory, and Jean-Baptiste Onofré.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 0.9.0 released http://tuweni.apache.org
– Apache POI 4.1.1 released https://poi.apache.org/
Web Frameworks —
– Apache MyFaces Core 2.3.5 released http://myfaces.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that, 16 years ago, the European Commission ran their first Apache Web Server for internal use, and today are using numerous Apache projects for various public services, including 1,500 Tomcat servers, nearly 1,000 Apache HTTP Servers, and approximately 300 Lucene search engines in their data centers? https://youtu.be/2EvCF4XKLso
– Did you know that ApacheCon Media Partner Manning Books are offering 40% off all books and videos online using discount code ctwapacheconeu19 ? Shop at https://manning.com
– Did you know that the top 5 Apache repositories by number of commits are: Camel, Hadoop, HBase, Beam, and Flink? https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2019 will be held 13-14 November in Burlingame https://www.imcsummit.org/2019/us/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.