Greetings all. It’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 November 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– *T-4 days* to ApacheCon Europe
–TRACKS: Big Data, Cloud, Community, IoT, Machine Learning, Open Source Design, Servers, and more.
–KEYNOTES: European Commission DG DIGIT Director Thomas Gageik;
Mastercard EVP for Global Cities Miguel A. Gamiño; writer/political
analyst/activist Nanjala Nyabola; and ASF Founders Lars Eilebrecht,
Cliff Skolnick, and Dirk-Willem van Gulik.
–SPECIAL EVENTS: BarCampApache, Hackathon, Movie Night, and more!
–JOIN US: https://www.apachecon.com/
– ApacheCon/Las Vegas p
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a rocking 99.99%. Performance checks
across 50 different service components spread over more than 250
machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Code Snapshot – this week, 857 Apache contributors changed 2,044,524 lines of code over 3,121 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Claus Ibsen, Gary Gregory, Tilman Hausherr, and Eric Milles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Kylin 2.6.4 released http://kylin.apache.org
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 0.9.0 released http://tuweni.apache.org
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.18 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.5 released http://qpid.apache.org
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 and 9.0.27 released http://tomcat.apache.org
Web Crawler —
– Apache Nutch 1.16 and 2.4 released http://nutch.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the top 5 most active/visited Apache projects: Hadoop, Kafka, Lucene, POI, ZooKeeper https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
Apache Community Notices:
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.