Happy Friday, everyone. Let’s take a look at how the past week has progressed:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 October 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Countdown to ApacheCon Europe –REGISTER TODAY! https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.95%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 825 Apache contributors changed 2,115,070 lines of code over 2,959 commits. Top 5 contributors, in
order, are: Mark Robert Miller, Andrea Cosentino, Stephen Mallette, Mark Thomas, and Daniel Keir Haywood.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.8 and Oak 1.8.17, 1.10.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
Identity Management —
– Apache Syncope 2.0.14 and 2.1.5 released http://syncope.apache.org
– Apache Commons Configuration 2.6 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Wicket 8.6.1 and 9.0.0-M3 released http://wicket.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Open Source Design community (ApacheCon Europe Community Partners) are holding a FREE workshop on October 25th (immediately following ApacheCon)? Register today, as space is limited! https://aceu19.apachecon.com/open-source-design-workshop
– Did you know the four things "Father of Java" James Gosling loves about Apache? Learn more in "My personal journey to Open Source", James’s keynote at ApacheCon North America https://s.apache.org/0q20b
– Did you know that the ASF exceeded 7,000 code Committers https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.