Farewell, August –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are updates on Apache community’s activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 September 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Countdown to ApacheCon North America and Europe — we look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and Berlin — REGISTER TODAY! https://www.apachecon.com/
– Catch the latest on ApacheCon™, Q&A With Community Track Leader, Sharan Foga, ASF’S VP of Apache Community Development exclusively on https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.97%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 923 Apache contributors changed 13,694,508 lines of code over 3,419 commits. Top 5 contributors, in
order, are: Tilman Hausherr, Jun Zhao, Radu Cotescu, Christofer Dutz, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.19.4 and Oak 1.8.16 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org
– Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.8.0 released http://iotdb.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF continued guardianship of 190M+ lines of code in the Apache repositories https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
– Did you know that ApacheCon North America is featuring 19 Tracks
overseen by Apache Projects and their communities? From Big Data,
Community, Content Delivery, Geospatial, Graphs, Integration, IoT,
Machine Learning, Mobile, Observability, Streaming, Servers & more
–plus Apache project events such as Beam Summit, CloudStack
Collaboration Conference, and special workshops– there’s Apache
goodness for everyone. Join us! https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.