Greetings all. It’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 September 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Countdown to ApacheCon North America and Europe — we look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and Berlin — REGISTER TODAY! https://www.apachecon.com/
– Catch the latest on ApacheCon™, Q&A With Community Track Leader, Sharan Foga, ASF’S VP of Apache Community Development exclusively on https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.96%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 882 Apache contributors changed 1,664,749 lines of code over 3,669 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Shad Storhaug, Tilman Hausherr, Claus Ibsen, Liang Zhang, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache Qpid Proton 0.29.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
– Apache FreeMarker 2.3.29 released http://freemarker.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that ASF codebase is conservatively valued at least $20B, using the COCOMO 2 model? https://s.apache.org/w7bw1
– Did you know that workshops at ApacheCon North America will include Apache Beam, Apache OpenWhisk, Apache Spark and Scala, as well as the Apache-licensed Ballerina programming language? Join us! https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/
– Did you know that "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on The Apache Software Foundation, will resume filming at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin https://youtu.be/UvuyBz1qMCE ? Support this project https://s.apache.org/trillions
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter.
For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.