Happy Friday! Let’s take a look back on our activities over the past week:
Success at Apache – the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”.
– “The Path To Berlin” by Isabel Drost-Fromm https://s.apache.org/aq48m
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 August 2019. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Register today for ApacheCon North America and Europe. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and Berlin! https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 830 Apache contributors changed 1,165,840 lines of code over 3,701 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Daniel Gruno, Etienne Chauchot, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
Embedded OS —
– Apache Mynewt 1.7.0 and Apache NimBLE 1.2.0 released http://mynewt.apache.org/
– Apache Tika 1.22 released http://tika.apache.org/
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 0.8.1 released http://tuweni.incubator.apache.org/
– Apache Commons DBCP 2.7.0 released http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/
– Apache Groovy 2.5.8 and 3.0.0-beta-3 released http://groovy.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Geospatial Track at ApacheCon North America is organized in collaboration with the Open Geospatial Consortium?
Learn more at https://feathercast.apache.org/2019/07/31/apachecon-qa-with-geospatial-software-track-leader-george-percivall-of-open-geospatial-consortium/
– Did you know that 11-year-old ApacheCon keynoter Samaira Mehta will hold a “Yes, 1 Billion Kids Can Code” Hackathon to help kids (first grade and up) to learn how to code? Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/yes-1-billion-kids-can-code-registration-66834093573
– Did you know that you can have swag from your favorite Apache project added to the ComDev store on RedBubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/comdev ? Grab the project logo from http://www.apache.org/logos/ and request it be added by emailing email@example.com
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/