Hi hi –welcome July! Let’s review our activities over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Registration is OPEN for ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas (9-12 September) and Europe/Berlin (22-24 October) https://www.apachecon.com/
– TRAVEL ASSISTANCE applications for ApacheCon Europe CLOSE 14 July. Everyone –including members of all underrepresented communities– are encouraged to apply today! http://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a blazing 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 365 Apache contributors changed 755,749 lines of code over 2,196 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Tilman Hausherr, Claus Ibsen, Andrea Cosentino, and Jan Piotrowski.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Content Management —
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.14 released and Apache Jackrabbit 2.10 retired http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.44.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.23 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache NetBeans 11.1 beta-3, with Java EE 8 and Payara support out-of-the-box, will be entering its voting period next week? http://netbeans.apache.org/
– Did you know presentations from the Apache Roadshow/Chicago are now online? https://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation/
– Did you know that you can support the ASF at any time with a tax-deductible donation? The cost of a premium cup of coffee is what it takes to support a single Apache project for one day. Raise a cup! https://donate.apache.org
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/