Farewell, June –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here’s what happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Statement by The Apache Software Foundation Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/y2w0
– Next Board Meeting: 17 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Registration is OPEN for ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas (9-12 September) and Europe/Berlin (22-24 October) https://www.apachecon.com/
– TRAVEL ASSISTANCE applications for ApacheCon Europe now open. Apply today! http://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a smashing 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 442 Apache contributors changed 1,110,628 lines of code over 2,911 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Brahma Reddy Battula, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas,Claus Ibsen, and Ash Berlin-Taylor.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Atlas 0.8.4 released http://atlas.apache.org/
– Apache Calcite 1.20.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/
– Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.0 released https://druid.apache.org/
– Apache Kafka 2.3.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Kibble has begun to share a series of factoids on the ASF –called "Apache Social Facts"– that contain great insight on the evolution of the Foundation and Apache community at large? Visit http://kibble.apache.org/ and follow @ApacheKibble on Twitter!
– Did you know the ASF has more than 7,000 committers, and more than 10 times as many have contributed to Apache projects since the ASF’s incorporation 20 years ago? https://projects.apache.org/timelines.html
– Did you know that you can support the ASF at any time with a tax-deductible donation? The cost of a premium cup of coffee is what it takes to support a single Apache project for one day. Raise a cup! https://donate.apache.org
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/