Happy Friday, everyone. Let’s take a look at how the past week has progressed:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Early Registration is OPEN for ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas (9-12 September) and Europe/Berlin (22-24 October) https://www.apachecon.com/
– TRAVEL ASSISTANCE applications for ApacheCon North America accepted through 21 JUNE (NOTE: special funds earmarked for female Latin Americans). Applications for ApacheCon Europe now open. Apply today! http://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 527 Apache contributors changed 1,453,810 lines of code over 3,408 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Zhang Duo, Mark Robert Miller, Jonathan Hung, Claus Ibsen, and Hendrik Krohns.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Bigtop 1.4.0 released https://bigtop.apache.org/
– [CVE-2017-15694] Apache Geode metadata modification vulnerability https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/86d3b80a6dd45b7a06d3afcf1d5093f020f648ed167825b3e722f27d@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Content Management —
– Apache Allura 1.11.0 released https://allura.apache.org/
– CVE-2019-10085 Apache Allura XSS vulnerability https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9a20914c4251a2ae3caebd8d0dd0056f3ac89209d6c216bb89efabd9@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
– Apache Lucene Solr Reference Guide for 8.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/
– [SECURITY] CVE-2019-10072 Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 DoS https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ac0185ce240a711b542a55bccf9349ab0c2f343d70cf7835e08fabc9@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the program for ApacheCon North America is up? Join us! https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/
– Did you know that the ASF’s email list activity over the past 14 days has comprised 89,139 on 62,103 topics sent by 5,345 people across 729 active lists? https://lists.apache.org/
– Did you know that Baidu, Cisco, Didi Chuxing, eBay, JP Morgan, Samsung, and Yahoo Japan use Apache Kylin to support extremely large datasets? http://kylin.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/