The week has flown by and it’s been brilliant. Let’s review what we’ve been up to:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– Early Registration is OPEN for ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas (9-12 September) and Europe/Berlin (22-24 October) https://www.apachecon.com/
– TRAVEL ASSISTANCE applications for ApacheCon North America accepted through 21 June. Special funds earmarked for female Latin Americans. Apply today! http://www.apache.org/travel/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at a sellar 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 465 Apache contributors changed 1,246,642 lines of code over 2,671 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Zhang Duo, Jonathan Hung, Claus Ibsen, Hendrik Krohns, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.7 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.14.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– HttpComponents Client 4.5.9 GA released http://hc.apache.org/
– Apache Lucene Solr Reference Guide for 8.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.42 and 9.0.21 available http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? SpamAssassin (15 years); Santuario (13 years); Commons and Wicket (12 years); Sling (10 years); Karaf (9 years); Flume and VCL (7 years); Mesos (6 years); Twill (3 years); Atlas and Mynewt (2 years) –many happy returns!
– Did you know that the ASF has, on average, 76 builds running at any given time across three CI platforms?
– Did you know that more than 40% of Apache projects are in Java? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?language
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/