Welcome to our weekly review of activities across the ASF. Let’s go:
The Apache Software Foundation –the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives.
– Statement by The Apache Software Foundation regarding US Federal Register Notice of non-US affiliates added to Entity List Ruling https://s.apache.org/zvEj
Project Perspectives –part of the "Success at Apache" series, Project Perspectives chronicles how Apache projects and their communities have benefited from The Apache Way.
– Apache Weex (incubating) and The Apache Way https://s.apache.org/9Qbv
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998
– EARLY Registration & Hotel Block open: ApacheCon North America/Las Vegas 9-12 September http://apachecon.com/
– FINAL CALL — CFP closing 26 May & EARLY Registration open: ApacheCon Europe/Berlin 22-24 October http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 451 Apache contributors changed 1,288,629 lines of code over 2,745 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Duo Zhang, Matteo Merli, Claus Ibsen, Iñigo Goiri, and Jimin Wu.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
– Apache JSPWiki 2.11.0.M4 released https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/
– [CVE-2019-10076] Apache JSPWiki Cross-site scripting vulnerability on Apache JSPWiki https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/84dc7c14da8907c2eb4b83deacacaa94fbd997e4f6f2a17e05422328@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
– [CVE-2019-10077] Apache JSPWiki Cross-site scripting vulnerability on Apache JSPWiki https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ea6e712888f2d2edcc17ac5562eedeb1247ca3e65cc7d6f736849c98@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3
– [CVE-2019-10078] Apache JSPWiki Cross-site scripting vulnerability on Apache JSPWiki https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d88a615ab8bc1a014bc30f272edddc4de885adf0cacc382dc8c755cc@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
– Apache Tika 1.21 released https://tika.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.4 released http://qpid.apache.org
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Dubbo™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/jjzT
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the CFP for ApacheCon Europe (22-24 October/Berlin) closes 26 May? https://www.apachecon.com/ We want to see your submissions!
– Did you know that 49 "podlings" are undergoing development in the Apache Incubator across an array of categories, including annotation, artificial intelligence, Big Data, cryptography, data science/storage/visualization, development environments, Edge and IoT, email, JavaEE, libraries, machine learning, serverless computing, and more? http://incubator.apache.org/
– Did you know that author David Brin, winner of the Hugo, Locus, Campbell and Nebula awards, will be keynoting at ApacheCon North America? Register today! https://www.apachecon.com/
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Registration is open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 15-17 October in Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache Camel, Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #