Happy Friday, everyone — it’s time to look back on a fantastic week with the Apache community:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– REGISTRATION OPEN: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/
– CFP + EARLY REG OPEN for both ApacheCon North America 9-12 September in Las Vegas and ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October in Berlin http://apachecon.com/ –content categories include Big Data, Community, Geospatial, Graphs, Integration, IoT, Machine Learning, Observability, Open Design, and more!
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield stunning 100% uptime! Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 444 Apache contributors changed 1,057,059 lines of code over 2,526 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Tilman Hausherr, Zhang Duo, Mark Thomas, and Pedro Boado.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
– Apache ServiceComb Pack version 0.4.0 released http://servicecomb.apache.org/
Operating Systems —
– Apache Mynewt 1.6.0 and Apache NimBLE 1.1.0 released http://mynewt.apache.org/
– CVE-2019-0232 Apache Tomcat Remote Code Execution on Windows https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4b002204ebf429142448c1998439b9a4cd1516388dec8dfa9054a5a8@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Web Application Frameworks —
– Apache Wicket 7.13.0 and 8.4.0 released https://wicket.apache.org
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Log4j is featured in this month’s special Java Tools edition of JAX Magazine? https://jaxenter.com/jax-magazine/issues/jax-magazine-april-2019-putting-spotlight-java-tools
– Did you know that several of this year’s IPOs, such as Lyft, Pinterest, Slack, and Uber, are part of the Apache Kafka community? http://kafka.apache.org/
– Did you know that responses from the greater Apache community in response to "The Apache Way To Me" are featured at http://apache.org/theapacheway/ ?
Apache Community Notices:
– Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit in Washington DC 20-23 May 2019 https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #