Happy Friday! Let’s review what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Support Apache –help keep Apache software for everyone.
– Two weeks remain to make a tax-deductible donation to the ASF in 2018! 750+ generous contributors donated $80K+ as part of our Individual Giving campaigns. Every dollar counts! http://donate.apache.org
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
– CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
– Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 2019 will take place 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield grand performance at 99.64% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 469 Apache contributors changed 968,811 lines of code over 2,704 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Robert Miller, Mark Thomas, Andrew Purtell, Andrea Cosentino, and Matteo Merli.
Apache Beam™ –an Open Source unified programming model to define and execute Big Data processing pipelines.
– Apache Beam 2.9.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
Apache Calcite™ Avatica –a framework for building database drivers.
– Apache Calcite Avatica 1.13.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –a Big Data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
– Apache Geode 1.8.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
Apache Griffin™ –Open Source Big Data quality solution.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Griffin™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/n21m
Apache Gobblin (incubating) –a distributed data integration framework that simplifies common aspects of Big Data integration.
– Apache Gobblin (incubating) 0.14.0 released https://gobblin.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.4.16 released http://groovy.apache.org
Apache Hivemall (incubating) –a scalable machine learning library implemented as Hive UDFs/UDAFs/UDTFs.
– Apache Hivemall 0.5.2-incubating released http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.19.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Log4j™ Audit –a framework for performing audit logging using a predefined catalog of audit events.
– Apache Log4j-Audit 1.0.1 released http://logging.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache Portable Runtime/APR (18 years); Logging Services (15 years); Cayenne, OFBiz, and Tiles (12 years); Synapse (11 years); Camel (10 years); Axis, OpenWebBeans, and Pivot (9 years); Aries (8 years); Flex (6 years); Helix (5 years); Falcon and Flink (4 years); Beam and Eagle (2 years); and Trafodion (1 year)? https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that Jet.com uses Apache TinkerPop Gremlin to enable help center agents to view and edit help center content across all their communication channels? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
– Did you know that Dremio recently donated the Gandiva Initiative code base to Apache Arrow? Improved efficiency and performance for analytics, machine learning, and data science on Arrow data structures! http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Flink Forward China will take place 21-22 December 2018 in Beijing https://china-2018.flink-forward.org/call-for-presentations-submit-talk/
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #