Giving Tuesday is here, kicking off our end-of-year Individual Giving and Corporate Gifts campaigns.
It’s one of our favorite times of the year, as giving back feels so good. Here’s how you can help:
- Giving to Apache is easy! Click https://donate.apache.org/ to make a one-time or monthly recurring donation using a debit/credit card, ACH electronic transfer, or PayPal. You’ll also receive a receipt for your tax-deductible contribution via email.
- Purchasing Programs. Those of you who shop from Amazon can start your retail journey at https://smile.amazon.com/ so a portion of your purchase will be donated to the ASF. Now that’s smart shopping!
- Additional Options. If you’d rather mail us a check or send a Bitcoin donation or explore other contribution options, please visit http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
Employers of all sizes can feel good as well! This includes companies such as:
- Bloomberg, whose employee volunteer and giving program provides numerous service opportunities year-round for a wide variety of philanthropic activities. Employees who have earned 25 or 50 hours of volunteer time can request that a donation of $2,500 or $5,000 be made to their select charity with whom has an established relationship Bloomberg Philanthropies. This is the second year that the ASF is among the candidate organizations that employees can donate their hours to as part of their "Dollars For Your Hours" program.
- Microsoft, who works through volunteer matching platform Benevity to allow their developers to contribute to Open Source projects and communities that they are passionate about. The program donates $25 per volunteer hour, which enables Microsoft developers to contribute back to the ASF while logging hours towards for matching. The Apache Software Foundation has benefited from this and their "Tech Talent for Good" program for several years.
Some organizations contribute to the ASF in the form of a cash donation –whether it’s a one-time gift or recurring monthly made at https://donate.apache.org/ , or a matching gifts program, where the company matches the financial donation of an employee to the ASF. We have received contributions that reflected dollar-for-dollar matches, sometimes multiple times the contribution made by employees.
Corporate Sponsorship is also a great way to support the ASF on an annual basis. Those wishing to quickly become a Sponsor using a credit card, ACH transfer, or PayPal may easily do so at https://donate.apache.org/ ; otherwise we invite interested parties to review our Sponsorship program at http://apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html or contact us at fundraising(at)apache(dot)org.
We thank you in advance for your generous consideration. Through your support, the ASF is able to continue to develop, incubate, and steward 350+ Open Source projects and their communities and keep Apache for everyone. For more information on the ASF’s operations and how we put your donated dollars at work, please see our Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport .
# # #