Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here’s a summary of what happened in March (video highlights available at https://s.apache.org/exppv):
New this month —
– It’s our anniversary! The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/NewBoard2021
– ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
— CFPs open for ApacheCon@Home AND ApacheCon Asia https://www.apachecon.com/
— Event Sponsorship available for both ApacheCon@Home and ApacheCon Asia https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Daffodil™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/18vob
Important Dates —
– Next Board Meeting: 21 April 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
seven-member Infrastructure team on three continents oversees our
highly-reliable, distributed network under the leadership of VP
Infrastructure David Nalley and Infrastructure Administrator Greg Stein.
ASF Infrastructure supports 300+ Apache projects and their communities
across ~200 individual machines, 1,400+ repositories, 5-6PB in traffic
annually, ~75M downloads per month, and 2-3M daily emails on 2,000+
lists. ASF Infra performs 7M+ weekly checks to ensure services are available around the clock. The average uptime in March was 99.75%. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
In March, 783 Apache Committers changed 12,041,653 lines of code over 16,037 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in
order, were: Andrea Cosentino, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, Claus Ibsen, and Gary Gregory.
Project Releases and Updates —
New releases from Apache APISIX (API); Avro (Big Data); Camel (Integration); CloudStack (Cloud Computing); Commons Lang and Numbers (Libraries); Daffodil (Libraries); Flink (Big Data); HttpComponents (Servers); Jackrabbit (Content); Karaf (Application Servers/Middleware); Log4j (Libraries); NetBeans (Integrated Development Environment); NiFi (Big Data); OFBiz (Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP); OpenMeetings (Web Conferencing); Parquet (Big Data); PDFBox (Content); Qpid JMS (Messaging); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); SpamAssassin (Mail); Teaclave (Incubating; Computing); Tomcat (Servers); Velocity (Library); XMLBeans (Library).
Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter .
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!