Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here’s a summary of what happened in June (video highlights available at https://youtu.be/yIE8SSHw2iw ):
New this month —
– Success at Apache – the blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”.
Security in Practice by Jarek Potiuk https://s.apache.org/1upl4
– Apache Attic –provides process and solutions when an Apache project has reached its end of life http://attic.apache.org/
Apache MetaModel is now retired https://s.apache.org/69b1q
– Apache Month in Review: May 2021 https://s.apache.org/May2021 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/ByiPjxGu_Tg
Important Dates —
– Next Board Meeting: 21 July 2021. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
– ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998– will be held twice in 2021:
–ApacheCon Asia – 6-8 August
–ApacheCon@Home – 21-23 September
Program, Registration, and Sponsorship available for both events https://www.apachecon.com/
The Apache® Software Foundation Welcomes its Global Community Online at ApacheCon Asia 2021 https://s.apache.org/ACAsia2021
In June, 703 Apache Committers changed 14,997,996 lines of code over 12,720 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Mark Thomas, Andrea Cosentino, Daniel Haywood, Andi Huber, and Benoit Tellier.
Project Releases and Updates —
New releases from Apache Airflow (Workflow); Arrow (Big Data); Calcite (Big Data); Camel (Integration); Commons (Libraries); CXF (Libraries); Drill (Big Data); Druid (Big Data); Flink (Big Data); HTTP Server (Servers); IoTDB (IoT); Jackrabbit (Content); Kudu (Big Data); Logging Chainsaw (Libraries); Lucene (Search); MyFaces (Web Frameworks); NetBeans (IDE); NLPCraft (Natural Language Processing); PDFBox (Content); Pulsar (Messaging); Qpid (Messaging); ShardingSphere (Big Data); SkyWalking (Observability); Solr (Search); Tika (Content); Tomcat (Servers)
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects wishing to become an official part of the ASF. New to the Apache Incubator in June is Kyuubi, a distributed multi-tenant Thrift JDBC/ODBC server for Big Data management, processing, and analytics. We invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator, including recent additions in the advertising, Big Data, geospatial, machine learning, messaging, natural language understanding, orchestration, and scheduling categories http://incubator.apache.org/ .
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups (published every Friday), visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!