Welcome to the latest monthly overview of events from the Apache community. Here’s a summary of what happened in April:
New this month —
– Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/Board2020
– ASF Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
– Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
– Success at Apache: Welcoming Communities Strengthens the Apache Way https://s.apache.org/tcs0m
– Apache Month in Review: March 2020 https://s.apache.org/Mar2020
Important Dates —
– Next Board Meeting: 20 May 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
– CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America: submissions due 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
Committer Activity —
In April, 783 Apache Committers changed 4,753,944 lines of code over 14,634 commits. The Committers with the top 5 highest contributions, in order, were: Hervé Boutemy, Andrea Cosentino, Tellier Benoit, Mark Thomas, and Alex Herbert.
Project Releases and Updates —
New releases from Apache Apache Arrow (Big Data); Commons Lang and Numbers (Libraries); Directory (Servers); Druid (Big Data); Flagon (Incubating; Libraries); Flink (Big Data); Groovy (Programming Languages); HBase (Big Data); HTTP Server (Servers); Jackrabbit (Content); Kafka (Big Data); Libcloud (Cloud Computing); Lucene (Search); MyNewt (Embedded OS); NiFi (Big Data); Qpid (Messaging); Pulsar (Messaging); SAMOA (Big Data); Skywalking (Application Performance Management); Subversion (Version Control); Tika (Big Data); Tomcat (Servers); Traffic Control (Servers); Traffic Server (Servers); Tuweni (Blockchain); Wicket (Web Frameworks).
The Apache Incubator is the primary entry path for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the efforts at The Apache Software Foundation. Congratulations to Apache ShardingSphere for graduating as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/315iv . No new podlings have entered the Incubator over the past month, but we invite you to review the many projects currently in development in the Apache Incubator http://incubator.apache.org/
# # #
To see our Weekly News Round-ups, visit https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ and click on the calendar in the upper-right side (published every Friday) or hop directly to https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/Newsletter . For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. We appreciate your support!