This week we welcomed Cloudera, who renewed its sponsorship of the ASF and upgraded to the Platinum level http://s.apache.org/5KH . Here’s what happened elsewhere at the Foundation:
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running 24x7x365.
– The Infra team’s global uptime across all Apache services is a stellar 99.73% http://status.apache.org/
Apache Accumulo™ –sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
– Apache Accumulo 1.6.2 released http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Gora™ –an easy-to-use in-memory data model and persistence for big data framework with data store specific mappings and built-in Apache Hadoop support
– Apache Gora 0.6 released http://gora.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple cloud provider APIs.
– Apache Libcloud 0.17.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Twitter uses Apache Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, and Cassandra to handle 5 billion sessions a day in real time?
– Did you know that Biology Virtual Collaborative Labs (BioVLAB) use Apache Airavata to set up computational resources and build bioinformatics tools?
– Did you know that the Oxford English Dictionary is powered by Apache Tapestry?
Apache Community Notices:
– Catch Apache TomEE in action on 21 February at the ceJug/JVM Users Group in Ceará, Brazil https://twitter.com/cejug
– The first ever Apache Phoenix MeetUp will take place 24 February at Salesforce in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/events/220009583/
– The next Apache Mesos User Group MeetUp will take place 25 March in London http://www.meetup.com/London-Mesos-User-Group/events/220602962/
– The Women of ASF Luncheon will be held on 14 April at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/women-asf-luncheon
– Apache TrafficServer Spring Summit will take place 16-17 April in Austin https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Spring+2015+Summit
– The Apache Marmotta community are being proactive and beginning to collect ideas for Google Summer of Code 2015 http://markmail.org/message/4nowycutyx2m2rj3
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby