ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Next Board Meeting: 21 February. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series.
– The Apache® Software Foundation Announces ApacheCon™ and Supporting Global Events https://s.apache.org/O3B3
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield ace spectacular at 99.99% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 524 Apache contributors changed 1,300,623 lines of code over 3,553 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Nick Couchman, Benoit Tellier, Duo Zhang, Yang Li, and Jean-Baptiste Onofré.
Apache BookKeeper™ –a scalable, fault-tolerant, and low-latency storage service optimized for real-time workloads.
-Apache BookKeeper 4.6.1 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kibble™ –Open Source tools used for collecting, aggregating and visualizing software project activity.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Kibble™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/wMMa
Apache NiFi™ –supports powerful and scalable directed graphs of data routing, transformation, and system mediation logic.
– Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.4.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/minifi
Apache POI™ –APIs for manipulating various file formats based upon Open Office XML (ECMA-376) and Microsoft’s OLE 2 Compound Document formats using pure Java.
– CVE-2017-12626 – Denial of Service Vulnerabilities in Apache POI http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3C1190211676.1193152.1516995087060%40mail.yahoo.com%3E
Apache Qpid™ –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464).
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.29.0 and Proton 0.20.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Sqoop™ –a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores, such as relational databases.
– Apache Sqoop 1.4.7 released http://sqoop.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
– CVE-2017-15698 Apache Tomcat Native Connector – OCSP check omitted http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3C6fa14400-328f-a4a5-7f24-5cd40868bf78%40apache.org%3E
– CVE-2017-15706 Apache Tomcat Incorrectly documented CGI search algorithm http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3Ce5f20acd-4241-505d-f340-d62b6dd2d306%40apache.org%3E
Apache Yetus™ –a collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release processes for software projects.
– Apache Yetus 0.7.0 released https://yetus.apache.org/
– Did you know that the ASF’s original project –the HTTP Web Server– is celebrating its 23rd anniversary this month? Many happy returns, httpd! http://httpd.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Spark has won an InfoWorld Technology of the Year award? https://www.infoworld.com/article/3252231/application-development/technology-of-the-year-2018-the-best-hardware-software-and-cloud-services.html
– Did you know that the Åland Islands Library uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It’s Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The ASF will be back at FOSDEM in Brussels 3-5 February 2018. We’ll see you there! https://fosdem.org/2018/
– The ASF is a Developer Week Community Partner 3-7 February in San Franciso https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/apache-software-foundation-community-sponsor
– The Apache Tinkerpop community will be holding a MeetUp on Gremlin on 21 February in New York https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-UserGroup-NewYork/events/246762770/
– Apache CloudStack will be holding their first German Meetup on 28 February 2018 in Frankfurt https://www.meetup.com/german-CloudStack-user-group/events/246861772/?eventId=246861772
– Open Expo Europe – 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
– Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
– We’re teaming up with Berlin Buzzwords – 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
– ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #