The week has zipped by –it’s Friday already– and it’s time to take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 July 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998. Two events are being held in 2021:
– ApacheCon@Home (21-23 September) – NEW: program is live; registration is open https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
– ApacheCon Asia (6-8 August) – program, registration, keynotes, and sponsors announced https://s.apache.org/ACAsia2021
– Sponsorship opportunities available for both events https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 328 Apache Committers changed 7,971,444 lines of
code over 2,795 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andi Huber, Mark Thomas, Andrea Cosentino, Tellier Benoit, and Hugh Miles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.24 released https://pdfbox.apache.org/
– Apache PDFBox CVE-2021-31811: A carefully crafted PDF file can trigger an OutOfMemory-Exception while loading a tiny file https://s.apache.org/50vi6
and CVE-2021-31812: A carefully crafted PDF file can trigger an infinite loop while loading the file https://s.apache.org/cl4ye
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.20.3 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Chainsaw 2.1.0 released https://logging.apache.org/chainsaw
– Apache Chainsaw CVE-2020-9493: Java deserialization in Chainsaw https://s.apache.org/7w31l
– Apache CXF CVE-2021-30468: Denial of service vulnerability in parsing JSON via JsonMapObjectReaderWriter https://s.apache.org/jxa3r
– Apache Pulsar 2.8.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
– Apache NLPCraft 0.8.0 (incubating) released https://nlpcraft.apache.org/
– Apache SkyWalking 8.6.0 released https://skywalking.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.68 and 10.1.0-M1 (alpha) released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that registration for ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home is free, and allows participants to choose to support the events by making an optional donation of $10, $20, or $50? https://www.apachecon.com/
– Did you know that the Apache HTTP Server project are using libera for their user support channel? Join the main channel on #httpd and #httpd-dev for the dev community –to connect, check out https://libera.chat/guides/connect . http://httpd.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Pinot (incubating) will be holding an online MeetUp on 22 June? https://www.meetup.com/apache-pinot/events/277817649/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation “The Apache Way” https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
– ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
– “Trillions and Trillions Served” documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) “Apache Everywhere” https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) “Why Apache” https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works”. https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.