Welcome, April! We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities:
Success at Apache –the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
– "Positively impacting the world one contribution at a time" by Dinesh Joshi https://s.apache.org/aATd
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Call for Presentations and Registration Open for ApacheCon, its Official Global Conference Series https://s.apache.org/67tH
– Schedule live – join us! Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/
– CFP + Registration Open: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
– CFP + Registration Open: ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October in Berlin http://www.apachecon.com/aceu19/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.96% uptime. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 466 Apache contributors changed 840,932 lines of code over 2,547 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Akira Ajisaka, Zhang Duo, Matteo Merli, Colm O hEigeartaigh, and Ravindra Pesala.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Arrow 0.13.0 released http://arrow.apache.org/
– Apache BookKeeper 4.8.2 released http://bookkeeper.apache.org/
– Apache Velocity Engine 2.1 released https://velocity.apache.org/
– Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5.8 GA released http://hc.apache.org/
– Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.32.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
– Apache HTTP Server 2.4.39 released http://httpd.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month: Apache CXF (11 years); Avro, HBase, Mahout, Nutch, Tika, Traffic Server (9 years); Creadur and Jena (7 years); DeltaSpike (6 years); ORC and Parquet (4 years); Apex, AsterixDB, and Johnzon (3 yrs); CarbonData, Fineract, and Metron (2 years)? Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that some of the ASF’s original founders shared their thoughts on the Foundation’s past 20 years? A great read at https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– Did you know that whilst The Apache Way is a living, breathing interpretation of one’s experience with our community-led development process, it has 5 core tenets that Apache Projects and their communities must adhere to? https://s.apache.org/TheApacheWay
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
– Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
– ApacheCon: Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit in Washington DC 20-23 May 2019 https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Spark + AI Summit 2019 will be held 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon North America 9-12 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– CFP and Registration open for ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #