Hurrah for March! Let’s review what the Apache Community has achieved this week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: November 2018 – January 2019 https://s.apache.org/nUxz
– Next Board Meeting: 20 March. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
– Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair 25 March 2019 http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
– Join us: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
– Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
– Save the Date: ApacheCon Europe 22-24 October in Berlin http://www.apachecon.com/aceu19/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.93% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 493 Apache contributors changed 1,098,430 lines of code over 2,927 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Vishal Suvagia, Andrea Cosentino, Tzu-Li Tai, Zhang Duo, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Trafodion 2.3.0 released https://trafodion.apache.org/
– Apache UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 released http://uima.apache.org/
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.14 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.10.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
– Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.3.0 https://daffodil.apache.org/
– Apache Pulsar 2.3.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.93 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache mod_perl (19 years); Apache Maven (16 years); Apache Struts (15 years); Apache Jackrabbit (13 years); Apache Felix (12 years); Apache Archiva (11 years); Apache UIMA (9 years); Apache Accumulo and Apache Sqoop (7 years); Apache Bloodhound, Apache CloudStack, and Apache cTAKES (6 years); Apache Allura, Apache Olingo, and Apache Tajo (5 years); Apache Aurora (4 years); Apache Sentry (3 years); and Apache FreeMarker (1 year) — many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that Flink Forward San Francisco 2019 is promoting collaboration between Apache projects by are inviting 50 Apache Committers to attend for FREE? Use "ASFCommitters19" code PLUS your @apache.org email when registering at https://sf-2019.flink-forward.org/register
– Did you know that Apache Myriad are welcoming contributors, with an initial request to review the new v0.3.0-rc1? https://email@example.com/msg02661.html
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #