We hope you are having a happy Friday. The Apache Community has had a productive week, as always. Let’s review:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 March. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
– Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair 25 March 2019 http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
– CFP CLOSING TODAY: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
– Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield 99.94% uptime. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 457 Apache contributors changed 794,949 lines of code over 2,520 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Colm Ó hÉigeartaigh, Michael Stack, Iñigo Goiri, Claus Ibsen, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Apache Arrow™ Momentum https://s.apache.org/zhaP
– Apache Beam 2.10.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
– Apache Flink 1.7.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
– Apache Kafka 2.1.1 released https://kafka.apache.org/
– Apache NiFi 1.9.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
– Apache Pulsar 2.3.0 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
– Apache JMeter 5.1 released https://jmeter.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Amazon Music Recommendations is powered by Apache MXNet (incubating)? http://mxnet.apache.org/
– Did you know that China Merchants Bank, CMBChina Mall, and China Eastern Airline use Apache SkyWalking (incubating)? http://skywalking.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can review and share your feedback on the first milestone of Apache Camel 3? http://camel.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Apache in 2018 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits
– ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– CFP open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #