Welcome Friday (happy St. Patrick’s Day, Evacuation Day, Liberalia, and other celebrations)! The global Apache community have been busy this week on:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– ASF Operations Summary – Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
– Next Board Meeting: 15 April 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield stable performance at 97.23%% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow’s Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
– Conference schedule announced https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-tomorrow-s-software-today
– Introducing a new level of ApacheCon sponsorship: the Apache Community Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
Apache Beam™ –a programming model, SDKs, and runners for defining and executing data processing pipelines.
– Apache Beam 0.6.0 released https://beam.apache.org/get-started/downloads/
Apache Commons™ Text –Open Source software library provides a host of algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
– Apache Commons Text 1.0 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
Apache Commons™ CLI –provides a simple API for presenting, proecessing and validating a command line interface.
– Apache Commons CLI 1.4 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-cli/download_cli.cgi
Apache Flex™ –a highly productive, Open Source application framework for building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops, and devices.
– Apache Flex 4.16.0 released http://flex.apache.org/download-source.html
Apache log4net™ –a tool to help the programmer output log statements to a variety of output targets.
– Apache log4net 2.0.8 released https://logging.apache.org/log4net/download_log4net.cgi
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.5 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and SQL-based operational analytics for Apache Hadoop
– PhoenixCon 2017 is a go! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
– Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.18.0, Qpid JMS 0.21.0 and Qpid Python 1.36.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
– Apache Struts 126.96.36.199 GA with Security Fix released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts25101
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
– CVE-2016-8747 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201703.mbox/%3Cecff584e-ce32-e4c3-968f-441f887a75fe%40apache.org%3E
– Apache Tomcat 6.0.51 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.76 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
– Apache Tomcat 8.0.42 and 8.5.12 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
– Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M18 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that when you shop at smile.amazon.com, a portion of your order is donated to the ASF?
– Did you know that Sweden’s Helge Library, containing 1 million books, uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
– Did you know that ZÜCA luggage’s digital commerce platform is powered by Apache OFBiz? http://ofbiz.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ
– We have been chosen as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Mentoring Organization for the 12th consecutive year –Apache Committer Mentors wanted! https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/
– Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
– ASF Operations Summary – Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conferenxe, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #