Highly-Performant Cloud Computing Service Serves Dynamic Content, Billions of Objects, and Terrabytes of Data for Large-Scale Deployments in Use at Akamai, Comcast, GoDaddy, LinkedIn, Yahoo!, and More.
WHO: The Apache Software Foundation (ASF). Recognized as one of the most compelling communities in Open Source for shepherding, developing, and incubating innovations "The Apache Way", the ASF is responsible for millions of lines of code overseen by an all-volunteer community across six continents. Apache technologies power more than half the Internet, petabytes of data, teraflops of operations, billions of objects, and enhance the lives of countless users and developers.
– Over 800 commits, and 300 JIRA tickets closed since v3.0.
– Several SSL improvements, including SNI (Server Name Indication) and NPN (Next Protocol Negotiation). Overall SSL stability is also improved.
– Full IPv6 support, v3.0 only had client side IPv6. All IP related plugin APIs are now also IPv6 aware.
– New, flexible configurations for managing inbound and outgoing IP addresses and ports. You can now bind any number, and combinations, of addresses and ports for both HTTP and HTTPS.
– Range request for large objects in cache are now much (*much*) faster.
– Several new, and improved, plugin APIs are now available.
– Performance and stability improvements in the Cluster Cache feature.
– Much better performance when proxying to a Keep-Alive HTTP backend server connection. Overall cache performance is also significantly better.
– Several stable plugins are now included with the core distributions.
– Supports all gcc versions 4.1.2 and higher, Clang / LLVM 3, and the Intel compiler suite.
Apache Traffic Server software is released under the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including community development and product releases. For more information, including documentation, mailing lists, and related resources, please visit http://trafficserver.apache.org/
ABOUT THE APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION (ASF):
Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees nearly one hundred fifty leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server — the world’s most popular Web server software. Through the ASF’s meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way," more than 400 individual Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation’s official user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(3)(c) not-for-profit charity, funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors including AMD, Basis Technology, Citrix, Cloudera, Facebook, GoDaddy, Google, IBM, HP, Hortonworks, Huawei, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, PSW Group, SpringSource, and Yahoo!. For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/
"Apache", "Traffic Server", "Apache Traffic Server", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #